|Term||Registration window||Payment Due Date|
|Fall 2023||9/13/2023 – 9/26/23||9/29/2023|
|Year 2023-24||9/13/2023 – 10/3/23||10/6/2023|
Farmingdale State College helps bridge the gap between high school and college-level study through University in the High School (UHS). UHS allows students to earn college credit, at reduced tuition, for a college-level course they take at their high school. These credits can be used to pursue a degree at Farmingdale or transferred to another institution.
Participating in college-level work while in high school will undoubtedly contribute to students overall development and success, and may help students reach their academic goals.
What is Concurrent Enrollment?
Many high schools offer multiple types of courses in which students have the opportunity to earn college credits. It is important that students understand the differences between programs and choose the one that will be most beneficial for them. The University in the High School Program offers concurrent enrollment courses. Concurrent enrollment are college-credit bearing courses taught to high school students by college-approved high school teachers. These designated UHS course sections are more rigorous, regardless of the amount of students that enroll for college credit.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn college credits while in high school.
- Start your college career with FSC early!
- College credits earned are represented on a FSC transcript and include a GPA
- Courses may also be easily transferable to other colleges and universities.
- May accelerate degree completion and: Lower the overall cost of college
- Lighten your first semester course load, which may reduce stress during your freshman year
- Create more time to devote to electives, or internships and other co-curricular activities
- Allow you to graduate from college earlier
It is important that students understand that once they register for a UHS course, they have started a college transcript. The class will become part of their permanent academic record. Students may choose to continue their education at FSC, or use the FSC transcript to apply for transfer credit at another institution.
University in the High School Events
There are no upcoming University in the High School events at this time. Check back soon for upcoming events.