Academic Affairs Mission and Goals
Academic Affairs Mission
The Division of Academic Affairs provides students with academic experiences that facilitate development of the knowledge and skills to become imaginative and globally aware critical thinkers and successful problem solvers, who are motivated by a spirit of inquiry and recognized for innovative achievement throughout the region, state and nation. Academic Affairs supports the creation and ongoing evolution of high quality educational and co-curricular offerings that provide students multiple paths to become exemplary citizens, scholars, professionals, and leaders in an increasingly diverse and interdependent world.
Academic Affairs Division Goals
- Provide educational offerings that meet the needs of our students and regional employers to promote the economic, social and cultural development of the region.
- Continuously improve and expand academic offerings and instruction in accordance with best practices, assessment data, and the evolving needs of the community the College serves.
- Support student progress towards graduation, employment and other educational goals through transformative advisement, coordinated support services and effective information systems.
- Provide resources and opportunities to advance the development of faculty and professional staff so they excel in their performance and contributions to the College community and their professions.
- Enhance the impact of student learning and faculty scholarship beyond the classroom to the campus community, the region, the nation and the world.
- Enrich the learning environment through availability and enhancement of a broad range of information resources, technologies and services.
- Support the acquisition and development of research and sponsored programs that advance knowledge and benefit College initiatives.
- Create opportunities for and encourage students to apply knowledge and skills gained from traditional classroom settings to real world environments such as internships, practicums, research, creative projects, service learning and community engagement.
- Support educational opportunity and academic success for all students including those who may be from traditionally disadvantaged backgrounds.
Office of the Provost
Horton Hall, Room 230