You Can Quit
Farmingdale State College is committed to providing a healthy, comfortable, and safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Smoking, Vaping, and Tobacco use will only be permitted in designated areas as of Fall 2018.
- Tobacco use, Vaping, and Smoking are prohibited on campus within:
- All campus owned buildings, classrooms, lecture halls, residence halls, laboratories, offices, work areas, study areas, reception areas, meeting rooms, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, eating areas, lounges, and restrooms.
- All fields, athletic facilities, outdoor paths, building entrances, walkways, bus stops, and loading docks.
- All vehicles owned and leased by Farmingdale State College.
To read the full policy and to learn more, visit the Tobacco Use Policy Page.
Designated Areas for Vaping, Smoking, and Tobacco Use
Vaping, Smoking, and Tobacco Use are allowed in designated areas only. Look at the map below for highlighted portions of campus to know where these activities are allowed.
- Tobacco use is permitted in personal vehicles located in the perimeter parking lots.
- Tobacco use is also permitted at three locations across the campus. These locations are the gazebo adjacent to Orchard Hall, the smoking shelter between the Business School and Knapp Hall, and the smoking shelter between Lupton Hall and Greenley Library. Tobacco use is only permitted in the immediate vicinity of these locations. The locations will have clear signage identifying the area as a designated tobacco usage area.