CSTEP Summer Bridge Program
Announcement: We are accepting applications for our annual Summer Bridge Program for incoming freshmen! Summer Bridge is from July 8th-19th. The priority deadline to apply is May 17th.
What is Summer Bridge?
Summer Bridge is a free two-week program designed to assist with the transition from high school to college. Students live in the dorms, earn college credit, build strong relationships, and attend two field trips. This is a prime opportunity to get familiar with the campus and prepare for college-level coursework!
Upon successful completion of Summer Bridge, students will receive:
- College credit for the First Year Experience (FYE) course
- This is a mandatory course for graduation for most incoming students
- Note: The FYE course tuition fee is waived for Summer Bridge participants!
- Personalized Certificate of Completion
- College orientation fee waiver
Summer Bridge Goals and Activities
- Build meaningful relationships with students, staff, and faculty
- Experience college-level Writing, Math, and Biology courses
- Develop study, personal wellness, financial literacy, time management, and leadership skills by engaging in interactive sessions
- Become familiar with campus grounds and college resources (i.e. Financial Aid, Nexus Career Center, Academic Advising, Study Abroad)
- Participate in field activities
- Attend two field trips