Office of Events Management
The Office of Events Management assists in scheduling the short-term use of College facilities by various internal and external groups. The guidelines for use of campus facilities can be found below.
- Any external organization wishing to use campus facilities must complete and submit an External Request Form.
- Request forms must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the event date.
- It is important to note that no external group will be permitted to use campus facilities without written approval from the Office of Events Management.
- External organizations are subject to multiple insurance requirements which can be found here.
- Once a request is approved, a group will be issued a Revocable Permit and invoice for related fees. The Terms & Conditions of facility use are explained in detail in the Revocable Permit.
- Fees for facility use and/or staffing must be paid prior to the event date(s) and only payment by check is accepted.
- Promotions, publications and advertisements indicating event fees, such as registration, admission, or entry, must clearly and explicitly identify the sponsor for the event. These promotions must also clearly and explicitly indicate that the College is not benefiting or realizing revenue from such fees.
Use of the College’s Name, Logo and Address
External groups may not use the College’s name, logo or trademark as part of its name or address without written authorization. You can request authorization here. When addressing the location of the event, the organization must use the following address:
Farmingdale State College
2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Any group wishing to use the Farmingdale State College Gardens for photography must complete and submit a Garden Photography Request Form.
- Requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the desired event date.
- Photography sessions can be scheduled from April 1 through November 15 only.
- Photography sessions can be scheduled Monday through Friday after 4:30pm until sunset and on Saturday and Sunday 8:00am until sunset.
- Ceremonies and receptions are not permitted on the premises.
- Only one group at a time is scheduled for professional photography sessions, the gardens remain open to the public however.
- The fee for a two-hour session is $300.00.
- The fee is refundable if the group is unable to use the garden the day of the event (i.e. inclement weather).
- Any group wishing to use campus facilities for free speech purposes should refer to the following policy.