How to Schedule an Exam
Fall 2020 semester will seem quite different to many of you. The following are our instructions for how to schedule testing accommodations.
Be sure to complete the Accommodation Request form and submit your appropriate documentation BEFORE scheduling exams
Online/ Remote Exams
During this semester, if you need testing accommodation for exams, our procedures for this semester will be as follows:
1. Email your instructor and inform him/her of your approved accommodations (not your
disability). Always include Debra Ruland in your email to your professor. Debbie's
email address is: Debra Ruland
2. Debbie and will confirm your request for accommodations by "reply all" so that both you and your instructor will get the message.
3. Most students simply require "more time to take tests". This is simple. If your test is on Blackboard, your instructor will get instructions on how to reset the timer to give you the extra time.
4. If you are a student who needs more than time and ½ and frequent breaks (due to health issues), please email Debbie to remind her about your health and why this additional accommodation is necessary.
5. If you need "tests read" there is a 'screen read function" on Blackboard, in Microsoft and Apple functions which you are free to use.
Below is an example of Testing Accommodation request:
It is written as if it is an email.TO: firstname.lastname@example.org From: email@example.com
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJ: Testing Accommodations for BUS 200
Malka Edelman RAM ID: 123456789
Dear Professor Jones,
This is Malka Edelman and I am currently enrolled in your BUS 200 class that meets remotely on M/W at 9:30 am. I am a student with a disability and I will require time and ½ for all of my tests. I am including Debra Ruland, the testing coordinator in the DSC to confirm my accommodations. Here is where you might add something additionally that might apply. I always have my test read and do require frequent breaks due to my health issues. Debbie will confirm. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely, Malka Edelman
On Campus Exams
During this semester, if you need testing accommodations for exams given on campus, this will be determined on a case by case basis. Please contact DSC@farmingdale.edu as soon as possible.