Watch the Car-Mencement Ceremonies Live
- 10:00am Ceremony - School of Arts & Sciences, School of Health Sciences
- 2:00pm Ceremony - School of Business, School of Engineering Technology
- Champagne Toast - President Nader will kick off the weekend with a champagne toast
for seniors and their families Friday night, May 21 at 7pm.
- The Champagne Toast will be recorded and requires a Farmingdale login to enter.
UPDATEE: If you missed the Champagne Toast, click the link above to view the recording of President John S. Nader toasting to the Class of 2021.
Please refer to the "Academic Programming by School" tab on this website to see what school you are under.
You can listen to the whole broadcast on 1620AM
Get Social with Car-Mencement
Join your classmates and make the most our of your Car-mencement experience by tagging Farmingdale State College with the hashtag #Carmencement.
President Nader Invites You To Car-Mencement
What to Expect at Car-Mencement
- You are very welcome to include family members or friends in your vehicle. The campus will be decorated in your honor, so feel free to decorate your car—and yourself. (One car, per graduate).
- Please arrive an hour prior to the start of your ceremony. University Police will park cars in a lot on campus.
- The ceremony will be live streamed. Those students, family, and friends who are unable to attend will be able to watch.
- Student names will be read as they pass the stage and each graduate will be handed a diploma cover. In addition to broadcasting with our public address sound system, we intend to simulcast the ceremony on an AM radio station so that you and your guests can tune in while you participate in the car parade.
- Students who attend Car-Mencement will receive a program, mortar board(cap) and tassel, champagne flute, and more.
- We plan to scroll the name of every graduating senior on the College’s large Route 110 message board.
- Conferring of degrees will be done - this year we expect SUNY chancellor Jim Malatras to be on campus to deliver the magic words.
- Graduates will have the opportunity to post photos through tag box during the ceremony, information will be given the day of the event.
- Bathrooms will be available before the ceremony in the campus center.
Additional Information for Car-Mencement
Latin Honors & Academic Excellence Awards - Pick Up Information
Latin Honor and Academic Excellence Award winning students can pick up those awards at the College’s Bookstore, Barnes & Noble, located in the campus center. Dates and times to pick are:
Monday & Tuesday: 9 am - 6 pm
Wednesday and Thursday: 9 am - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 1 pm
Latin Honors students will be receiving a gold tassel and Academic Excellence Award winners will receive honor chords. Academic Excellence Award winners will be notified by a letter from the Provost’s office. Once your receive a letter you can pick up your honor chord at the bookstore during the posted dates and times. Please note for the graduates convivence, Barnes & Noble will also be open the day of Car-Mencement from 9am-2pm so they can purchase Alumni swag if they'd like.
Latin Honors selection is not official or final until students officially are awarded their degree and until grades have been posted at the end of the semester.
Latin Honors - Degrees of Distinction
Degrees of distinction are conferred upon candidates for the baccalaureate degree who meet the College residency requirement and achieve the GPA standards below. The College recognizes these potential distinctions during commencement exercises every semester. The official distinction will be documented on the student’s record once final grades/graduation evaluations have been completed in the semester for which the student applied for graduation. Latin honors will also be documented on the student’s diploma.
Achievement standards for Latin Honors are:
Summa cum laude: 3.9+
Magna cum laude: 3.7+
Cum laude: 3.5+
Pick Up Date for Gifts
All graduates will be given a gift bag upon arrival at car-mencement which include a cap and tassel to wear during the ceremony. If you are unable to attend car-mencement, the following two dates are scheduled to pick up the gift bag:
- Thursday, May 20 – 2-4pm – Campus Center
- Friday, May 21 – 10am-Noon – Campus Center
Information for Ordering Regalia
- Regalia is available to order if you choose for personal use (pictures, portraits etc.). This is not mandatory and all graduates who attend Carmencement will be given a cap and tassel. The deadline for online orders is May 7th to ensure arrival before the ceremony. Barnes & Noble will be carrying a limited number of cap & gown bundles in store, however they strongly encourage graduates to place an online order by the deadline. The link to order if you chose is https://farmingdale.shopoakhalli.com/.
Congratulations once again to all the graduates and their families on reaching this milestone in your college career. Farmingdale State College is extremely proud of every one of our graduates.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
There are no upcoming events at this time. Check back soon for upcoming events.