Current & Previous Tenants
- BF Innovation (BFI) designs prototype formulations for drug products. The objective of the company is to perform the R&D laboratory work on products using active pharmaceutical ingredients, performing the necessary lab work to arrive at a stable, safe and effective formulation. The R&D laboratory work will be submitted to regulatory agencies for new drug applications.
- Certerra Inc. is a biotechnology company that uses a proprietary Pharmacomap™ method of screening neural activation across the entire brain for drug discovery in neuroscience. Certerra's goal is to radically improve predictability from preclinical studies to human outcomes in clinical trials. Our Pharmacomap™ method is applicable for screening of novel compounds being developed for a broad spectrum of brain disorders, including neurodevelopmental, psychiatric and neurodegenerative ones, as well as repurposing of existing drugs.
- Codagenix is commercializing a software-based platform for vaccine development – this platform is a Research Foundation for State University of New York technology. Codagenix has a breakthrough approach to live-attenuated vaccine design called SAVE (Synthetic Attenuated Virus Engineering). Trial and error has been the only option in vaccine development for 150 years. The SAVE platform instead relies on synthetic biology and the "re-designing" of a target virus's entire genome to yield a vaccine strain. This customization process uses software-based algorithm to 're-code' the genome of a target virus.
- DepYmed Inc., is a New York based cancer therapeutic development company. DepYmed’s lead compound in development is MSI-1436C (Trodusquemine), a potent inhibitor of the enzyme PTP1B (protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B). MSI-1436C is currently in clinical development as a therapeutic candidate for HER2-positive breast cancer. A Phase 1 clinical study evaluating the safety of MSI-1436C in breast cancer patients was initiated in November 2015 at the Monter Cancer Center – a state of the art cancer treatment center and part of Northwell Health. DepYmed continues to develop the next generation of more potent PTP1B inhibitors / analogs which are currently in preclinical development in collaboration with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and continues to explore additional indications that may benefit from using PTP1B inhibitors as therapeutic agents.
Mispro Biotech Services
- Mispro Biotech Services offers an innovative space plus services solution for early-stage drug & product development that enables research organizations to launch, control, and scale studies in AAALAC-accredited research environments that are operated, managed, and staffed by Mispro’s expert laboratory animal science professionals. In addition to offering its clients access to state-of-the-art housing & procedure rooms, Mispro supports its clients with comprehensive animal care & compliance services, including daily husbandry & enrichment, colony management, and veterinary & regulatory oversight, including IACUC. Mispro also offers Insourcing services for organizations who would rather focus on science while Mispro handles all operations, staffing, and compliance oversight, on-site, in their vivarium facility.
- ProtiFi makes sample prep solutions for proteomics, the study of all the proteins of a state of health or disease. Our sample processing system, called the S-Trap, provides a hitherto impossible solution of "one protocol for all samples." Because of its usefulness, speed and robustness, ProtiFi's sample preparation solutions have experienced rapid uptake in industrial biotech and academia.
- OSI Pharmaceuticals, LLC, acquired by Astellas Pharma on June 9, 2010 (www.astellas.us), is a member of the Astellas U.S. group of companies. OSI is an oncology drug discovery and translational research organization primarily focused on the discovery of molecular targeted therapies (MTTs). Following its 2010 acquisition by Astellas, OSI has become Astellas' center of excellence for oncology small molecule discovery research.
- OSI and its partners received FDA approval for the use of Tarceva® to treat non-small cell lung cancer first in 2004 as a second/third line therapy, and again in 2010 as maintenance therapy. In 2005 it received approval for the use of Tarceva to treat pancreatic cancer in combination with gemcitabine.
Helicon Therapeutics, Inc.
- Helicon Therapeutics, Inc., founded in 1997, merged with Dart NeuroSciences, LLC on January 1, 2012 (www.dartneuroscience.com). Dart Neurosciences’ mission is to become the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
IRX Therapeutics, Inc.
- IRX Therapeutics, Inc. (www.irxtherapeutics.com) is focused on improving cancer treatments. IRX develops immune therapies designed to activate a patient’s immune system to defeat cancer and related diseases. The lead platform technology, IRX-2, is thought to broadly restore the immune system by overcoming cancer-induced immune suppression.
- Mitogenetics is a limited liability company organized under Iowa law in December 2010, is the exclusive license holder of a biomedical technology (the "technology") designed by our licensor, The Research Foundation of State University of New York. The company's focus is mitochondria dysfunction which has been linked to certain disorders and diseases of the human body such as Autism, Parkinson's, Lou Gehrig's, muscular dystrophy, and chronic fatigue.