The office for Pre-Health Professions Advisement (PHPA) provides valuable assistance as you work towards your career goal of enrolling in a health professional school. PHPA offers guidance to students preparing for admission to professional schools of medicine (MD & DO), dentistry, physician assistant, veterinary, chiropractic, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, and physical therapy.
- Assist in setting up a timeline for the application process
- Identify requirements for application and admission to various programs
- Advisement with recommended and required courses
- Collection of letters of recommendation
- Opportunity for a committee interview and letter
- Assistance with personal-statement writing
- Career counseling
- Interview preparation
- Assistance with test preparation services
- Exposure to professional school recruiters
Availability & Requirement for PHPA
- Must be a matriculated Farmingdale State College student in any undergraduate curriculum (Bioscience, Science Technology & Society [STS], Health Sciences, etc.)
- Post-baccalaureate students enrolled in the Sciences for the Health Professions Certificate
- Recent alumni of Farmingdale State College
Friday Freestyle with Pre-Health
Grab your coffee and bring your questions! Join your pre-health advisors virtually on Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for a freestyle chat. Spring 2021 dates to be announced.
Learn more about our programs.
Pre-Health Professions Advisement Events
There are no upcoming Pre-Health Professions Advisement events at this time. Check back soon for upcoming events.