If your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) is selected for review in a process called verification, the law says that before awarding Federal Student Aid, we may ask you to confirm the information you reported on your FAFSA. To verify that you provided correct information, we will compare your FAFSA information with any other required documents. If there are differences, your FAFSA information may need to be corrected. You must complete and sign the requested Verification worksheet(s), attach any required documents, and submit the required documents to the Office of Financial Aid. We may ask for additional information. If you have any questions about verification, contact us at 934-420-2578 as soon as possible so that your financial aid will not be delayed.
- 2019-20 and 2020-21 verification items –
- Taxes Paid
- Untaxed Income Items(Untaxed potions of IRA Distributions and Pensions; IRA deductions and payments; Tax exempt interest income)
- Education Credits
- Number in Household
- Number in College
- Verification of Non-filing status and any wages earned from work
*The school may require additional documentation, at our discretion
- Specific Verification Worksheet (s) completed and signed by student and a parent (if dependent)
- Copy of Student’s 2017 IRS Tax Return Transcript*(for 2019-20) Copy of Student's 2018 IRS Tax Return Transcript or signed 1040 including all schedules (for 2020-21)
- Copy of Parent’s 2017 IRS Tax Return Transcript (if dependent)* for 2019-20. Copy of Parent's 2018 IRS Tax Return transcript or signed 1040 including all schedules for (2020-21)
NOTE: To obtain a IRS Tax Transcript go to https://www.irs.gov/, under “Tools”, click “Order a Return or Account Transcript”, go to step #3 and click “Go to Order a Transcript” or call 1-800-908-9946.