The Nexus Center Social Science Institute (SSI) has funding available to support students in approved internships this Summer 2021.
Internships may be non-credit (not attached to a summer course) or credit-bearing.
Funding is available for unpaid summer internships in non-profit/public interest/government organizations that sponsor a specific social justice, public interest, community service or civic engagement initiative within the summer position.
Funding is expected to be provided at the rate of $20 an hour, for a minimum of 10 hours. The expectation is that the internship commitment would typically be more than 10 hours, but with a 10 hour minimum, students also have the flexibility of arranging short-term, non-credit projects that would satisfy the college’s Applied Learning Graduation Requirement. Funding will be paid after successful completion of the position and satisfaction of all Nexus Center SSI requirements.
Internship funding will be approved on an individual basis, on a rolling basis this summer so long as funding remains available. Funding is subject to the approval of the Nexus Center/SSI Program Director.
Log into Axiom: http://www.farmingdale.edu/axiom-login. Submit your resume and cover letter to Axiom/Applied Learning Co-Curricular Activities Unit/ Posting #3095, “Nexus Center SSI Summer 2021 Internship Funding.”
Your cover letter must identify the following:
1) Organization name you have identified that would be willing to sponsor your internship experience;
2) Organization supervisor contact info (name, email and phone number);
3) Description of your internship and how it serves social justice/public interest/community service/civic engagement;
4) Whether your placement is non-credit or credit-bearing (if credit-bearing, name the department);
5) Anticipated length of internship/number of hours/requested funding amount.
For more information, contact Inesa Mott: Email