Farmingdale State College recently honored a number of long-time faculty and staff, and those who have retired after many years of service to the institution. The list of honorees is as follows:
- Toni Fodera is administrative assistant to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Management.
- Jeffrey Gaab, Acting Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences and chairperson of History, Politics and Geography.
- Angela Lucchetti works in the Business Affairs area of the Long Island Educational Opportunity Center.
- Larry Menna is a professor of American History and former Director of International Education.
- Maria Orellana is Bursar in Student Accounts and an alumna of Farmingdale State College.
- Kathleen Walsh was chairperson of the Department of Nursing from 2005-2009. Most recently she was an associate professor in the department.
- Lucille Deletto has served as department chair of College Preparation in the Long Island Educational Opportunity Center.
- Henry Dondero joined the college faculty in 1979. He taught Dentistry and Dental Hygiene.
- Eileen Eichler has served as the Dean of the School of Business and more recently taught Business Management. She received SUNY’S Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching in 1993.
- Alfonso Frazier joined the University Police in 1994. He received the Distinguished Service Award from the Nassau County Police Chiefs Association in 2001.
- Donald Green taught Business Management for 38 years, and was a director of the Accounting Society.
- Marie Hayden-Miles served as chair of the Nursing Department, Dean of the Theresa Patnode Santmann School of Health Sciences, Pre-Health Professions Program Advisor, and Non-Matriculated Student Advisor.
- Robert Hoeffner joined Farmingdale’s Grounds Department in 2011.
- Mary Kimble was a member of the Custodial staff.
- David Lackovic maintained the Automotive Laboratories in the School of Engineering Technology.
- Judith Levine joined the Psychology Department faculty in 1985, and was founder of the college’s Teaching of Psychology Conference, which just celebrated its 30th anniversary.
James Macinick served as the Head of Reference, Information Literacy and Government Documents in the college’s Greenley Library.
- Valerie Madeska was an Instructional Support Associate in the Biology Department, and received SUNY’s Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service in 1999.
- Brian Maher managed the budget for the Long Island Educational Opportunity Center for 30 years. He was often called upon to serve as Master of Ceremonies at campus events. He received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service in 2002, and the Farmingdale Foundation Award for Excellence in Professional Service in 2005.
- Thomas Roche joined the college’s Physical Plant staff in 2008, where he worked in the Grounds/Garage department.
- Ruth Sapir served as both chair and assistant chair of the Department of Computer Systems. She won SUNY’s most prestigious faculty service award in 2010 and Farmingdale’s Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2008.
- Neil Saccamano managed the Mail & Supply staff.
- Nedford Simpson was a member of the Custodial staff for five years.