Five Farmingdale State College dental hygiene students have won $500 scholarships from Henry Schein Inc., the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental professionals.
“As we all know, a highly skilled dental hygienist can be an integral part of a successful dental practice,” said Henry Schein’s Maureen Knott, vice president of product advertising and marketing,” at the recent awards ceremony. “Henry Schein is committed to supporting dental hygienists as they help their patients maintain a beautiful smile and their oral and overall health.”
The student award-winners include:
- BS candidate Jenny Diaz is pursuing her major while working as a dental hygienist at a North Shore LIJ hospital. She has contributed her time at the Glen Cove Children’s Day Care center, where she provided free screenings and oral health education.
- Shannon McGuickian is a sophomore working toward her associate’s degree. She has participated in two Farmingdale outreach programs: Give Kids a Smile and Give Veterans a Smile.
- Mary Castro was a volunteer at two Farmingdale’s popular annual events: Give Kids a Smile and Give Veterans a Smile. Mary is working toward an associate’s degree.
- Aileen Bucella is an associate’s degree candidate who has volunteered in two Farmingdale community events: Give Kids a Smile and Give Veterans a Smile.
- Briana Limoncelli is working toward a BS. She works as a public health hygienist at the Richmond Community Health Center, and has provided care and education at numerous public events, including Farmingdale’s Give Kids a Smile event.