Farmingdale State College’s Academic Camps Academy will present classes in everything from creative writing and theatre appreciation to 3-D printing and computer gaming design at its 2015 summer program for students Grades 6-12. Classes begin in May and run through August and are generally offered between 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Classes – which include hands-on learning, group activities, peer competition, and extracurricular activities – are held both weekdays and weekends. The season kicks off on Saturday, May 23, with a series of weekend sessions (through June 20) on 3-D printing. Other highlights of the schedule include:
- Theatre Appreciation, a one-session course on the basics of stage performance – Saturdays,
July 11, 18, 25 and August 1, 15
- Architectural Modeling, a week-long course on the basics of bridge and building design –
- Health Sciences Careers – July 14-16
- Creative Writing – August 3-7
- Introduction to Computer Gaming Design and Animation – August 10-14
- Forensics/Criminalistics, a week-long course on how to investigate crime through scientific tools and methods – July 27-31
Summer fun is also open to children ages 3-10, at Farmingdale’s state-of-the-art Children’s Center. Camp Farmingdale Explorers (3-5 years) offers themed activities, games, water play, visits from local museums, musicians, farm animals, and more. Camp Farmingdale (6-10 years) offers an indoor gym, climbing structures, basketball and volleyball courts, water play, and field trips. For information on these camps, call 934-420-2241.