Congratulations to all of the incoming EOP students for successfully completing the four week residential Summer Bridge Program! EOP hosted a memorable and highly effective program for students from historically underrepresented backgrounds from July to August 2023. EOP students are provided ongoing support services and resources to help ensure their collegiate success.
A diverse number of students participated in various activities aimed at encouraging academic preparedness, student engagement, mindfulness, and a sense of student belonging on campus. Highlighted below are some of the enjoyable and impactful activities students took part in. Memories of a lifetime were surely created this summer!
- Community building trip to the movies and museum.
- Collaborative engagement workshops with FSC's SGA, Afro-Caribbean Club, and the NAACP student clubs.
- Academic advising and Math/Writing seminars.
- Mindfulness activities with Campus Recreation.
- Group projects promoting social justice and inclusion.
- Mentoring from EOP graduates.