NUR 111 Foundations of Nursing II
NUR 114 Simulation Lab
NUR 301 Caring for Populations in the Community Setting
NUR 402 Community and Mental Health Nursing
NUR 406 FInal Leadership Practicum
HST 301 Health Care Organization
- Baccalaureate Degree, Nursing (Nursing), Adelphi University, 1979 – Magna cum Laude
- Masters Degree, Nursing (Oncology), Adelphi University, 1991 – Summa cum Laude
- DNP , Nursing (Educational Leadership), Case Western Reserve University, 2018 – Summa cum Laude
Certificates & Licensures
- PMC, Post Masters Certificate in Nursing Education, College of Mount Saint Vincent, 05/20/2010
- RN, Professional Registered Nurse [License Number: 313873], New York State Education Department , 05/04/1979–09/30/2022
- AE-C, Asthma Educator Certified , National Asthma Educator Certification Board (NAECB), 07/10/2012–07/10/2024
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, Reopening a Dialog on Open Airways for Schools: Closing the Educational Gap Using a Multi-Site Academic-Practice Partnership, The OhioLINK ETD Center, 2019, 276.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, Service-Learning, In Smith, M.J., Carpenter, R., & Fitzpatrick, J.J. (2015). Encyclopedia of Nursing Education. New York: Springer Publishing, 2015.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, When Reach Exceeds Touch: Student Experiences in a Cross-Sector Community-Based Academic-Practice Partnership (2019), Public Health Nursing, 36(3) 2019, 1 - 10.
- Monica L. Diamond-Caravella, “Asthma 101: Faculty Presentation.” Workshop conducted at the , Moriches Elementary School [William Floyd Public School District] on November 13, 2014.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “Asthma 102: Getting Beyond the Basics.” Workshop conducted at the Suffolk County Association of School Nurses, on January 26, 2016.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “Do Academic/Practice partnerships affect the educational curriculum in Community/Public Health nursing for undergraduate nursing students? A program assessment. Public Health Nursing Section No.3064, Abstract ID No.: 366415 [Roundtable Presentation].” Round Table leader at the American Public Health Association 2016 Annual Meeting, Denver, CO on October 31, 2016.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “Factors Contributing to Asthma Exacerbations.” Workshop conducted at the Asthma Educator Institute, Asthma Coalition of Long Island, American Lung Association of the Northeast., Molloy College, Suffolk Campus on June 16, 2016.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “CTLT Brown Bag Lunch: Teaching with rubrics.” Workshop conducted at the CTLT Brown Bag Lunch, Farmingdale State College on February 24, 2017.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “No More Snow Days: Collaborate Ultra.” Panel presented at the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology, Farmingdale State College on April 7, 2017.
- Monica Diamond-Caravella, “When Reach Extends Touch: How an Academic-Practice Partnership Affects Undergraduate Community/Public Health Nursing Curricula [Peer-Reviewed and Refereed].” Presentation to the 2017 ACHNE Annual Institute: Developing and Supporting Leadership, Baltimore, MD on June 9, 2017.
Awards & Honors
- MidWest Nursing Research Society's Doctorate of Nursing Practice Award for the Research Interest Group, Health of Diverse Populations (Presented at the Midwest Nursing Research Society's 42nd Annual Conference on April 13, 2018), April 13, 2018 - April 13, 2018.
- First Place Poster Presentation at the 14th Annual Adelphi University and Alpha Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Leadership Conference., April 12, 2018 - April 12, 2018.
- 2018 Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council Nurse of Excellence Award Nominee, May 16, 2018 - May 16, 2018.
- Case Western Reserve University: Director's Award as the Outstanding DNP Graduate for the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, May 18, 2018 - May 18, 2018.