Professor 10 Months Email Hale Hall, Room 229A
- MFA, Illustration as Visual Essay, School of Visual Arts, 2000
- AST, Communication Arts (Illustration), Pennsylvania College of Art and Design, 1998 – Summa cum Laude
- BA, English and Communication Arts, Ursinus College, 1991
- Diploma, Communication Arts (Illustration), Pennsylvania School of Art and Design, 1996 – Summa cum Laude
- Allison Puff, “Business of Design Advocacy on College Campuses.” Round Table leader at the Spaces of Learning: Inside Outside Graphic Design Education Conference, York University, Toronto, Ontario on April 17, 2015.
- Allison Puff, “International Collaboration: AIGA's Design Educators Community and Cumulus.” Invited Lecture presented to Cumulus: International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media, Executive Board, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy on June 2, 2015.
- Allison Puff, “AIGA's "Dialog and Dialectic;" Two Opportunities for Furthering Design Research in the US.” Panel accepted at the Virtuous Circle: Cumulus Conference, ReVeDa Research Vectors in Design and Arts Working Group, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy on June 3, 2015.
- Allison Puff, “Writing that Matters: One Way for Students to Own Writing.” Paper presented to the Who Owns Writing: Revisited Conference, Hofstra University, Hempstead NY on October 17, 2008.
- Allison Puff, Juliette LaMontagne, Alan Snyder and Sarah Meyer, “Design Thinking As the New Liberal Arts.” Panel Moderator at the Revival AIGA Design Conference, New Orleans on October 10, 2015.
- Allison Puff and Daniel Levin, “Preparing Students for Interactivity.” Round Table leader at the Revival AIGA Design Conference, New Orleans on October 10, 2015.
- Allison Puff, “The Reluctant Administrator.” Round Table leader at the Revival AIGA Design Conference, New Orleans on October 8, 2015.
- Allison Puff, “High Impact Practices: Applied Learning and Faculty Engagement at Farmingdale State College.” Panel presented at the SUNY University Senate 169th Faculty Plenary, Stony Brook University on January 22, 2016.
- Allison Puff, “Identifying, Approving and Tracking Applied Learning Across the Curriculum.” Presentation to the Developing & Assessing Applied Learning Experiences Across the Curriculum Conference, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY on October 27, 2017.
- Allison Puff, Jennifer Bryer, Jack Simonson, Lauren E. Romer and Rena Varghese, “A Practical Model for Developing Applied Learning.” Panel Chair at the SUNY 4th Annual Applied Learning Conference, on October 24, 2017.
- Elise Newkirk-Kotfila, Allison Puff, Jenica Rogers, Daniel White and Toby White, “Many Institutions: One Goal. How Multiple Institutions in a Large Public University System have Deﬁned, Developed, Implemented and Measured High-Impact Experiential Education.” Panel presented at the High Impact Practices in the States 2018 Conference, California State University, Dominguez Hills on February 22, 2018.
- Allison Puff, Ronald Bloom, Donna Pesta, Jayden Donahue, Susan Scheckel, Mark Schmitt and Minna Barrett, “Building Infrastructure to Grow Applied Learning on Campus.” Panel presented at the Thrive at Five: Amplifying the Learning in Applied Learning: 5th Annual SUNY Applied Learning Conference, Tarrytown, NY on November 1, 2018.
- Allison Puff, “Identifying, Approving and Tracking Applied Learning Across the Curriculum.” Presentation to the Long Island Regional Service Learning Network Meeting, Farmingdale State College on October 12, 2018.
- Marcie Kirk-Holland, Allison Puff and Cynthia Murphy-Ortega, “Access to Career Development Is a Social Justice Issue.” Panel presented at the 2019 NACE Conference and Expo, Orlando, FL on June 5, 2019.
- Allison Puff, Rena Varghese and Jennifer Bryer, “A Practical Model for Developing Applied Learning Infrastructure.” Panel presented at the 2019 High Impact Practices in the States Conference, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky on February 21, 2019.
Awards & Honors
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2010.
- Bronze Award for Excellence, Best of Long Island Advertising Competition, 2005.
- Honorary Member of Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration, 2015.
- Farmingdale Foundation Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2004.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002.
- Award for the Highest Grade Point Average, Pennsylvania School of Art & Design, 1996.