Danielle S. Apfelbaum is a Senior Assistant Librarian at Farmingdale State College, where she serves as the Scholarly Communication Librarian. Her primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting faculty and staff with navigating copyright, fair use, open licensing, and open access publishing.
- B.A., English, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus, 2008 – Summa cum Laude
- M.S., Library and Information Sciences, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus, 2010
- M.S. , Instructional Technology (Trainer Track), New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury Campus, 2015
- Ph.D., Curriculum, Instruction, and the Science of Learning , University at Buffalo, 2022
Certificates & Licensures
- C.A.S., Archives & Records Management, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus, 05/31/2010
- Certified Practitioner, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step I & Step II Instruments, The Myers Briggs Foundation , 03/19/2015
- Creative Commons Certification , Creative Commons , 09/23/2018
- Danielle Apfelbaum, Safeguarding your scholarship in OA: What to look for and what to avoid (Co-written with Derek Stadler), The Academic Author, 2019(3) 2019.
- Danielle S. Apfelbaum, “Reframing Failure: Post Mortems for Library Projects.” Presentation to the 2018 ACRL New England Chapter Annual Conference, Plymouth, Massachusetts on May 4, 2018.
- Danielle S. Apfelbaum, “Developing an OER Readiness Scale.” Poster presented at the 15th Annual Open Education Conference, Niagara Falls, New York on October 10, 2018.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “Research + Writing: A View from the Reference Desk.” Presentation to the SUNY Council on Writing, Farmingdale State College on October 20, 2018.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “OERs at Farmingdale State College: A Guided Tour of Our Landing Page.” Presentation to the Biweekly SUNY OER Leads Meeting, Online - Webinar on September 20, 2018.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “A Crash Course in Creative Commons Licensing.” Presentation to the Textbook & Academic Authoring Conference, Philadelphia, PA on June 15, 2019.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “Safeguarding Your Scholarship: A Librarian's Guide to Avoiding Predatory Publications.” Presentation to the Textbook & Academic Authoring Conference, on June 14, 2019.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “Beyond the Library: Cross-Campus Collaborations in Support of Faculty Teaching, Research, & Scholarship.” Panel presented at the 2019 ACRL New England Chapter Annual Conference, Portland, Maine on May 6, 2019.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “Happy Librarians Talk Management and Morale.” Panel presented at the 2019 NYLA Annual Conference, November 13-16, 2019, Saratoga Springs, New York on November 15, 2019.
- Danielle Apfelbaum, “Google Forms: Differentiating Instruction, Condensing Feedback.” Presentation to the CUNY LILAC (Library Information Literacy Advisory Committee) Spring Training 2019, on June 7, 2019.
Awards & Honors
- Force11 Scholarly Communications Institute Travel Scholarship Recipient, July 29, 2018 - August 3, 2018.