Senior Assistant Librarian Email Greenley Hall
Megan Margino Marchese is a Reference and Instruction Librarian who teaches research skills to students across the Farmingdale curriculum. Megan provides student support both at the Library Reference Desk and by teaching information literacy classes. She also manages the Library's academic poster printing service.
- B.S., Criminal Justice and Sociology, Adelphi University, 2011 – Magna cum Laude
- M.S.L.I.S., Library and Information Science, St. John's University, 2013 – Summa cum Laude
- M.A., Education (TESOL), Stony Brook University, 2020
Certificates & Licensures
- Public Librarian's Professional Certificate, The University of the State of New York Education Department, 06/01/2013
- Megan Margino, Revitalizing Traditional Information Literacy Instruction: Exploring Games in Academic Libraries, Public Services Quarterly, 9(4) 2013, 333-341.
- Megan Margino, “Implementing Student Research Day: A Librarian-Faculty Collaboration.” Poster presented at the Association of College and Research Libraries, New York (ACRL/NY) Symposium, Baruch College, CUNY on December 1, 2017.
- Megan Margino, “Implementing Student Research Day: A Librarian-Faculty Collaboration.” Presentation to the Academic Libraries Invitational Conference, Long Island Library Resources Council, Suffolk County Community College on April 27, 2018.
- Megan Margino, “Student Research Day: Fostering Student Scholarship Through Library-Faculty Collaboration.” Presentation to the SUNY Library Association (SUNYLA) Conference, Finger Lakes Community College, Canandaigua, NY on June 15, 2018.
- Megan Marchese, “Establishing an Undergraduate Research Day: A Library-Campus Collaboration at SUNY Farmingdale State College.” Presentation to the Kathleen A. Zar Symposium: High Impact Collaboration: Libraries and Undergraduate Research Partnerships, University of Chicago Library on September 6, 2019.
Awards & Honors
- Best Blogger, The New York Public Library, 2014.
- Dewey Scholarship Award, New York Library Association, 2013.