While at SUNY - Farmingdale State College:
- I have developed and ran faculty development workshops on teaching online mathematics courses to Farmingdale State College faculty,
- I have developed and taught online mathematics course for the Farmingdale State College's Mathematics Department from 2005 to the present;
- I have attended Open SUNY Angle and Blackboard works. and
- Presented a paper entitled Successful Experiences in Teaching Colligate Mathematics Online at the 26th International Conference on Technology in College Mathematics, Atlanta, GA.
While at SUNY - Stony Brook University:
- I have developed and taught a Blackboard based graduate Statistics course for the Masters of Liberal Studies program.
- Received Stony Brook University's Term Contract;
- I attended eight Stony Brook University TLT Blackboard workshops; and
- I participated in the first faculty exchange program between Suffolk Community College and Stony Brook University..
While at Suffolk Community College:
- Awarded Professor Emeritus in the Mathematics Department (Ammerman Campus);
- Excellence in Service on SCC's Title III Grant Award;
- Ammerman Campus Governance Distinguished Faculty Award;
- Grand Marshall Ammerman Campus Graduate exercises;
- SUNY Provost's Distinguished Service Award;
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching;
- Associate Dean for Instructional Technology;
- Assistant Dean for Mathematics and Computer Science as well as the Honors Program (Ammerman Campus);
- Assistant Dean of Instruction at the Eastern Campus;
- Head of the Mathematics Department (Ammerman Campus)
- Assistant Head of the Mathematics Department (Ammerman Campus)
- Appointed Professor of Mathematics;
- Appointed Associate Professor of Mathematics;
- Taught every mathematics course offered at Suffolk Community College (SCC);
- Taught a Desire2Learn online course in -
- Algebra II
- Developed Finite Mathematics Course and developed Calculus with Business Application course;
- Chaired the reformation of the Mathematics Emphasis;
- Presented papers on computing in mathematics at local, state, national, and international conferences;
- Chaired the Mediate Mathematics project;
- Associate Director and Director of NY State and National grant projects;
- Authored a textbook on computing in mathematics;
- Developed the first "smart" classroom in the mathematics department; and
- Developed SCC's Video on the College's Distance Education Program. and
- Chairman of the SUNY FACT Committee.
While at the American School of Paris (Paris, France) -
- Taught in their Mathematics Department and Computer Science Department; and
- Began writing my textbook on computing in mathematics.
While at St. Francis College (Brooklyn, NY) -
- Taught junior and senior level mathematics courses; and
- Promoted to Assistant Professor.
Joined Farmingdale State College, as an adjunct professor, in 2005 specifically to develop and teach online undergraduate mathematics courses.
- I developed and taught Blackboard online undergraduate MTH107 - Introduction to Mathematical Ideas;
- I developed and taught an Angel & Blackboard online undergraduate MTH110 - Statistics;
- I developed and taught an Angel & Blackboard online undergraduate MTH116 - College Algebra; (currently taught during the Intersession semester);
- I developed and taught a Blackboard online undergraduate MTH129 - Precalculus (currently taught during the fall and Spring semesters); and
- I developed and taught a Blackboard online undergraduate MTH130 - Calculus 1 with Applications (currently taught during the Fall and Spring semesters.)
I also use the MyMathLab (MTH105), MyStatLab (MTH110), WebAssign (MTH129 & MTH130), and the WileyPlus (MTH116) websites when teaching online classes.