Campus Compact Civic Innovation Scholarship Opportunity through the Nexus Center
The Nexus Center is facilitating $500 scholarship applications for the Campus Compact, Civic Innovation Scholars.
Campus Compact of New York and Pennsylvania (CCNYPA) is pleased to announce the release
of the Civic Innovation Scholars application for the 2022 spring semester. Applications are due November 15, 2021. CCNYPA will award up to 20 Civic Innovation Scholarships, at $500 each, limiting
one Civic Innovation Scholar per campus.
CCNYPA is specifically looking for projects that focus on equity in these categories: race, voting, and climate.
The purpose of Civic Innovation Scholars is to encourage and support the civic imagination of the next generation of undergraduate leaders. This scholarship program is open to students who have innovative ideas for addressing local civic problems, either on campus or in the local community. Our goal is to create a diverse cohort of creative student civic leaders from across New York and Pennsylvania who are inspired to strengthen our democracy through civic and community engagement.
Interested students should contact the Nexus Center.
Eligibility: The applicant must be:
1) Pell grant eligible or Federal Work Study qualified.
2) A current undergraduate student at a CCNYPA member institution (FSC is a member).
3) Identify an on-campus faculty or staff mentor with whom the applicant commits to meeting at least three times over the course of the ‘22 spring semester.
1) Complete all parts of the Civic Innovation Scholars application by November 15, 2021.
2) If awarded, attend one of the virtual Zoom gatherings in January 2022 (dates TBD).
3) Meet with your on-campus faculty or staff mentor three times over the course of the spring semester.
4) Attend one of the virtual Zoom gatherings in May 2022 (dates TBD) to share and reflect on the project.
5) Complete and submit project deliverables to CCNYPA by May 31, 2022.
a) A brief description of the project, including outputs/outcomes.
b) A product or artifact of the project including, but not limited to, artwork, a video, or written narrative.
CCNYPA will use the product or artifact to promote the success of the project.
*Scholars will be paid the $500 scholarship in June 2022, upon completion of their project and submission of the deliverables to CCNYP
November 8, 2021 - November 15, 2021
Greenley Library, Nexus Center
Thank you to all of our attendees, we look forward to seeing you at future events.