Cannabis Production and Management Certificate
The certificate program in Cannabis Production and Marketing prepares graduates for new and emerging roles in the legal medical and recreational marijuana industry. With the expansion of the legal market for Cannabis and Cannabis related products, there is a growing need for skilled technicians and specialists to enter the field in plant cultivation, as budtenders, dispensary technicians, product managers, and marketing and sales associates. Offered as an online program, the certificate requires students to take 24 credit hours which include three required courses in cannabis and hemp cultivation and production, three business courses, one course on medicinal and health related issues, and one course on cannabis economics and markets.
Typical Employment Outcomes:
- Dispensary assistant and manager
- Trimmer, Harvester or Cultivator
- Marketing assistant
- Production assistant or manager
- Sales representative/associate
- Wellness guide
Certificate Program Outcomes:
- Manage and Assist in the management and cultivation of cannabis and related medicinal plants.
- Assist in marketing and managing cannabis and medical marijuana dispensaries and distribution systems.
- Explain the legal, medicinal and health related issues associated with medical and recreational cannabis.
Admission to Farmingdale State College - State University of New York is based on the qualifications of the applicant without regard to age, sex, marital or military status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Subject to revision
|HOR 107 The Plant Science of Cannabis||3|
|BUS 112 Legal Environment of Business in the Cannabis Industry||3|
|BUS 134 Cannabis Management and Marketing||3|
|HOR 113 The Production of Cannabis I||3|
|BUS 222 Accounting and Finance for Cannabis Managers||3|
|HOR 230 The Production of Cannabis II||3|
|HPW 230 Health and Cannabis Usage||3|
|ECO 306 Cannabis Economics||3|
Total Required Credits: 24