MET307 Electromechanical Control System
This course covers the fundamentals and physical principles of electro-pneumatic and hydraulic control circuits. Pneumatic and hydraulic components such as directional control valves, flow control valves, and pressure control valves will be covered. The course also covers programmable logic controller (PLC) using Allen-Bradley MicroLogix controller. Students will be designing and troubleshooting PLC controlled hydraulic and electro-pneumatic circuits in the laboratory. Automation Studio software will be used in designing and simulation of control circuits. Prerequisite: MET 230 Corequisite: MET 307L Credits: 3 (2,2)
- Introduction to electromechanical systems
- Fundamentals of energy control and transfer. Hydraulic circuit basics
- Hydraulic valves and actuators
- Flow, pressure & directional valves
- Regenerative circuits, types of pumps, actuators and sequence valves.
- Automation Studio & Simulation of Circuits.
- Applications of pneumatic systems. Signals, sensors & relays
- Pneumatic valves and actuators
- Design of fully automatic sequence processes.
- Fundamental of PLCs
- PLC programming & Automation Studio