BCS 430W*: Senior Project
EGL101, BCS 260, BCS 230, BCS 301 with a grade of C or better
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Develop an information system that includes analysis, design, planning and organization based on a real-life or simulated situation.
- Create reports including Preliminary Investigation, Systems Requirement, System Design Specifications, and Final Documentation.
- Present seminars on each phase of the system.
- Implement and demonstrate the system.
- Maintain a journal/diary describing the step-by-step progress.
- Contribute to the peer review process.
- Systems Analysis and Design, Rosenblatt, Cengage Learning, 10th Edition, ISBN: 978-1-285-19249-9
Students will be given the opportunity to work in a team to plan, design, build, demonstrate and document a completed information system.
- Students cannot get credit for BSC 430 and 430W; BCS 430W can be used to fulfill the writing intensive requirement.*
- Offered at the discretion of the Computer Programming and Info Systems Department.