BCS 427: Game Programming
This course provides an introduction to two-dimensional game programming. Students will learn how to draw and manage game objects. Techniques for adding sound to a game will be discussed. Creation of computer controlled game objects will also be covered. Students will receive hands-on experience with a current game development platform. Students will be expected to create their own two-dimensional game by the end of the course. Credits: 3.00
BCS 345 with a grade of C or higher.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Learn the basics of the C# programming language.
- Learn how to set up a game loop.
- Learn the differences of polling versus event handling as it relates to game design.
- Implement loading, drawing and moving sprites on the screen.
- Utilize object-oriented techniques to manage game objects.
- Implement user input techniques.
- Implement collision detection for game objects.
- Learn how to add sound to a game.
- Learn how to create computer controlled game objects.
- Learning XNA 4.0, by Aaron Reed, published by O'Reilly Media Inc.