BCS 405: IS Development Project Management
This course will cover Project Management tools and techniques for Systems Development projects. Students will learn Project Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human Resource Management and Communications Management all in the context of running successful information systems development and implementation projects. MS Project will be used as a tool to managing all of these areas. Credits: 3.00
BCS 300 with a grade of C or better.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the genesis of project management and its importance to improving the success of information technology projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management terms and techniques such as: the triple constraint of project management, the project management knowledge areas and process groups, and the project life cycle.
- Tools and techniques of project management such as: project selection methods, work breakdown structures, network diagrams, critical path analysis, and critical chain scheduling, cost estimates, earned value management, motivation theory and team building.
- Apply project management concepts by working on a group project as project manager or active team member.
- Use Microsoft Project 2007 and other software to help plan and manage a small project.
- Appreciate the importance of good project management.
- Share examples of good and bad project management.
- Use knowledge and skills developed in this class in other settings.