BCS 370: Data Structures
This course will present sequential and linked representations of various built-in and abstract data structures including arrays, records, stacks, queues, and trees. Algorithms will be developed relating to various sorting and searching techniques, merging and recursion. A high-level programming language, such as C++, will be used in exploring and developing these algorithms with an emphasis on object oriented programming techniques and static and dynamic storage concepts. Credits: 3.00
BCS 230 with a grade of C or better.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Understand an abstract data type (adt) from the specification, application, and implementation perspective.
- Understand the following adt's: unsorted list, sorted list, stack, queue.
- Implement the adt's using static and linked structures.
- Program with recursion.
- Understand the Binary Search Tree adt.
- Malik - Data Structures Using C++, 2nd Edition
- Course Technology - ISBN - 9780324782011