BCS 350: Web Database Development
This advanced course prepares the student to use database management systems with Web server software to develop and maintain the information content of a Web site. Students in the course should have a thorough knowledge of HTML, Web scripting, database management, and server technology. Credits: 3.00
BCS 130 and BCS 260 with a minimum grade of C.
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Have the skill to create dynamic Web front-ends, middleware, and back-end components of e-commerce sites.
- Understand web database construction.
- Understand client-side technologies.
- Understand server-side technologies.
- Understand the connectivity of databases to web pages.
- Know how to write conditions, branching, loops, functions, user-defined functions in PHP.
- Know how to implement arrays, strings, and advanced data manipulation in PHP.
- Be able to write SQL using MySQL: queries: join, inserting, updating, and deleting data.
- Query a MySQL Database using PHP.
- Write to web databases.
- Understand PHP Session Management
- Understand HTTP authentication with PHP.