BCS 202: Computer Applications for Business & Sport Management
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of file management and have hands on experience at the beginning through advanced level using microcomputer spreadsheet and database applications. Students will use a spreadsheet program to enter formulas, create charts, execute functions and macros, create, sort and query lists; create pivot tables, create templates, and work with multiple worksheets and workbooks. Students will use a database program to create data table structures, queries, reports, and forms, create switchboards, pivot tables, and pivot charts.
- BCS 102 or permission of department chair
At the completion of this course, students will:
- Use Microsoft Access to create a database using design and datasheet views.
- Use Microsoft Access to query a database using the select query window, create queries, and sort the data in a query.
- Use Microsoft Access to join tables, and use the design features of Access to produce reports.
- Use Microsoft Access to create pivot tables and charts.
- Use Microsoft Excel to create and solve financial functions, data tables, and create links to other data sources.
- Use Microsoft Excel to create, sort and query a database.
- Use Microsoft Excel to create templates and work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Use Microsoft Excel to sort and query lists.