May 26, 2021
To Our Students:
Welcome to our Summer 2021 classes. I am very pleased that many of you will be returning
to classes on campus this summer. I look forward to seeing you. As we transition back
to face-to-face instruction, I want to provide some information regarding state and
SUNY guidance designed to protect the health of the campus community and assure your
academic success. This guidance is based on the facts as we know them from the State
of New York and SUNY and is subject to change.
- Face coverings will be required for both indoor and outdoor settings. This applies to anyone who
has an on-campus presence. Students who present without a mask in class will be instructed
to leave the classroom and return with a face covering.
- Physical distancing remains in place and requires individuals to stay six feet apart in classroom spaces.
Enrollment caps for all class sections were established to meet the 6-foot distancing
requirement. Therefore, assigned classroom spaces allow for adequate distancing.
- Regardless of vaccination status, faculty, staff, and students are required to complete
the Daily COVID Screening Form on those days they are present on campus.
- Weekly surveillance pooled COVID testing will be required of all unvaccinated individuals with an on-campus presence. Hours of operation of the testing site in Roosevelt Hall are as follows and are subject
- Monday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Those who are fully vaccinated are not required to undergo mandatory testing. Proof of immunization should be uploaded to the following link: www.farmingdale.edu/covid-vaccine-upload. Students will then be removed from the weekly testing roster. Once proof is provided via this link, you may disregard any COVID testing requests
you may receive while we process immunization submissions.
- Please keep in mind that the Blackboard Learning Management System will be used for the communication of the course syllabus, grading rubric, and instructor
- Circle-In, a student engagement app, will continue to be available for student use this summer. Each course is designated with an app feature that can be accessed through the blackboard
site. Students can use the app to connect with each other outside of the classroom. Students
will be encouraged to use the app to share notes and establish study groups.
We are thrilled to be returning to a high level of on-campus instruction and look
forward to your return. Farmingdale State College has been remarkably successful in
dealing with the ongoing public health crisis. Your cooperation will allow us to safely
move to a much more normal and extensive campus experience. Please continue to visit
The Hub for the most up-to-date information.