What You Need to Know
We are thrilled to be returning to a high level of on-campus instruction and look forward to your return. Farmingdale State College has been remarkably successful in dealing with the ongoing public health crisis. Your cooperation will allow us to safely move to a much more normal and extensive campus experience.
Face coverings Face coverings are required for all unvaccinated employees at all times while on campus except when alone in a room or alone in a vehicle. Employees may wear a face covering of their choosing as long as it fully covers the nose and mouth. Those employees who are fully vaccinated do not need to, but may still elect to, wear a face covering.
Physical distancing Physical distancing must be practiced by all unvaccinated employees in office and other settings. For instance, in-person meetings are strongly discouraged and should only take place when virtual meetings are not feasible. During in-person meetings, physical distancing and face-covering requirements must be followed with the exception of those who are fully vaccinated. Workplace capacity is only limited by the space available for individuals to maintain social distancing based on vaccination status. For fully vaccinated individuals, no social distancing is required. At a minimum, we will ensure that unvaccinated employees who request such an accommodation are in workstations at least six feet apart from other occupied workstations.
Regardless of vaccination status, faculty, staff, and students are required to complete the Daily COVID Screening Form on those days they are present on campus.
- Weekly surveillance pooled COVID testing will be required of all unvaccinated individuals with an on-campus presence. Hours of operation of the testing site in Roosevelt Hall are as follows and are subject
- Monday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Those who are fully vaccinated are not required to undergo mandatory testing. Students, faculty, and staff will need to provide proof of immunization. Students can upload their proof by using the Student COVID Vaccine Upload Form. Faculty and staff should upload by using the Employee COVID Vaccine Upload Form.
Students, faculty and staff will then be removed from the weekly testing roster. Once proof is provided via the above links, you may disregard any COVID testing requests you may receive while we process immunization submissions.
- Please keep in mind that the Blackboard Learning Management System will be used for the communication of the course syllabus, grading rubric, and instructor contact information.
- Circle-In, a student engagement app, will continue to be available for student use this summer. Each course is designated with an app feature that can be accessed through the blackboard site. Students can use the app to connect with each other outside of the classroom. Students will be encouraged to use the app to share notes and establish study groups.
Please continue to check this website for the most up-to-date information.
Resources & Forms
- Student Daily Screening Form
- Employee Daily Screening Form
- Student COVID Vaccine Submission Form
- Employee COVID Vaccine Submission Form
- Student Off-Campus COVID Testing Submission
- COVID Self-Reporting Form
- SUNY's Uniform Sanctioning in Response to COVID-19 Student Violations Policy
SUNY COVID-19 Case Tracker
As part of the reopening of SUNY campuses across New York State, SUNY schools are answering the call for transparency and public safety by providing statistics on the COVID-19 case count at each SUNY campus and community.
To view an up-to-date dashboard that provides data on the COVID-19 testing of this and other SUNY colleges and universities visit the SUNY COVID-19 Case Tracker.