April 27, 2021
To Our Graduating Seniors,
We have been working out the details for Car-mencement on Saturday, May 22 and are excited to share our plans with you. The Car-mencement ceremony will have
many of the same elements of a traditional commencement ceremony including:
- Every student’s name will be read and the traditional diploma cover will be presented
as their car crosses in front of the stage.
- A printed program will be given to every graduate along with gifts from our Alumni
- Caps and tassels will be distributed at the event.
- We expect SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras to be on campus to confer the degrees to our
You will be able to hear the entire event as you drive via an on-campus radio simulcast.
In addition, the entire ceremony will be livestreamed and available to view after
the event on the commencement website for those who can’t join us.
View the President's video message about Car-mencement below.
This is one of the only graduation ceremonies at which your family and guests are
welcome to join you on campus. They’re invited to ride with you in the processional.
To make this event as safe and enjoyable as possible, please review the guidelines
- Students should arrive at 9:00 AM for the morning or 1:00 PM for the afternoon ceremony.
- Students will line up in lot 3 and remain in their cars for the duration of their
time on campus.
- We ask that you maintain a 6 ft. distance from others and wear a face covering if
you must exit your vehicle.
- Restrooms will be open in the Campus Center during the event.
Now is the time to receive the recognition you deserve. RSVP today.