July 15, 2021
To the Campus Community:
We have important information and good news to share about the College’s plan for
the Fall 2021 semester. The information below highlights some of the changes we anticipate
taking place. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available, and
as decisions are made. However, we expect to return safely to campus with the ability
to deliver the high quality, personal instructional experience that underscores Farmingdale’s
dedication to student success.
SUNY’s Vaccine Requirement:
The SUNY Board of Trustees has adopted a COVID vaccine requirement for all students
with any on-campus presence for Fall 2021. This requirement will take effect when at least one COVID vaccine receives
full FDA approval. Students will be required to provide evidence of complete vaccination. The policy includes a provision for limited exemptions. Details will be provided
in an upcoming communication.
Return to In-person Instruction:
Six-foot distancing requirements in instructional spaces (classes, laboratories, and
library) will be eliminated. The College will collapse the previous A/B week schedule;
these classes will now meet on campus and in-person every week. The A/B course schedule will remain in place for registration purposes and will allow
the college to easily pivot back to live stream instruction if a resurgence of the
virus occurs. Therefore, faculty assigned to live stream courses should become familiar
with the technology and seek out training opportunities.
- Remote, hybrid, and online courses will meet as scheduled. More information will be forthcoming regarding changes to remote class designations
for specialized courses.
- In place of the previous distancing requirement, the College expects to require all students to wear masks and refrain from eating or drinking in all instructional settings
(classrooms, laboratories, and library), at least until the vaccine requirement is
- Fully vaccinated students are not required to wear masks outside of the instructional
- Unvaccinated students are responsible to wear masks in any indoor setting and practice
physical distancing outside of the classroom.
- Any member of the campus community may wear a mask, should they choose to do so.
Screening and Testing:
The College urges everyone to take steps now to receive the COVID vaccine. It is free
and will help ensure a safe return for the fall semester.
- Completion of the Daily Health Screening Tool will be required for individuals who have not submitted proof of vaccination.
- Weekly COVID testing is expected to continue for any person (students, faculty, and
staff) with an on-campus presence who has not been fully vaccinated and provided proof of
Please continue to check the COVID hub for the most up-to-date information.