To the Campus Community:
The College has been notified of six self-reported positive tests for COVID-19. Some
of these students have no on-campus presence while others have been here on a limited
basis. Consistent with our protocols, and to address the specific areas where a potential
exposure may have taken place, we immediately took the following steps:
- Closed the Aviation Center until at least Monday, November 16 in order to decontaminate
and sanitize the entire building.
- Began testing all students who recently have been at the Aviation Center. Testing
will continue through Wednesday.
- Notified the instructor and the students who took a particular class in Hale Hall
that the class would meet remotely for two weeks. A complete decontamination and sanitizing
of the building is underway.
- Began a decontamination and sanitizing of common areas throughout the campus.
- Removed two Nursing students from clinical rotations and began testing seven others
who may have been exposed.
- Notified potentially exposed students that they must comply with the campus testing
requirement or provide evidence of a negative COVID test before returning to the Aviation
Center or to the main campus.
In addition, all the steps we have taken have been reviewed by the Health & Wellness
Center personnel to ensure that the actions taken are appropriate. The Suffolk County
Department of Health and SUNY have been fully informed.
We will continue to keep the campus advised of significant related developments.