Transfer Services FAQ


What are your transfer policies?

Please visit this link for a full list of our transfer policies for transfer credit evaluations:

What GPA should I have in order to transfer?

You need a minimum GPA of 2.5 to apply. Some of our more competitive programs require a higher GPA and additional prerequisites. Please reference our Dates and Deadlines page for specific GPA requirements at

How do I choose a major?

If you need help choosing a major, please be sure to make an appointment with one of our admissions counselors. They will be able to help you choose a major that interests you.

If I decided to change my major while in the process of transferring will my credits still be awarded?

Your transfer credits will still be awarded. However, only courses required to complete requirements or electives of the new major will count toward completion of the degree.

Do I need an associate degree to transfer?

You do not need an associate's degree to transfer to Farmingdale State College.

Should I finish my college degree?

Students who have earned an associate degree and are admitted to the college are generally awarded full transfer credit for their associate degree coursework. If you transfer without a degree, credits are awarded on a course-by-course basis.

Will all of my credits transfer?

Courses taken at regionally accredited institutions are more likely to be accepted; credits taken at other institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Courses with a grade of C or better will be considered for transfer. However, many majors require a C+ or better in order for a course to satisfy a major requirement.

What does "accredited" mean?

Being an accredited school means the school classifies as being certified and credible. Courses taken at regionally accredited institutions are more likely to be accepted; credits taken at other institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

I'm applying before my semester ends. What do I do about sending a transcript?

Send a transcript when you apply. If you have courses in progress, be sure to have your current school's registrar send a final transcript. If you are graduating, be sure your final transcript indicates a degree has been awarded.

How will my course equivalences be determined?

Once you've been accepted to Farmingdale and have paid your tuition deposit, we will begin the transfer credit evaluation process. Your transfer credit evaluation will be completed within 10 business days after your tuition deposit payment. Please be sure that awarded degrees are noted on your transcript.

Will my AP, CLEP, or IB credits be accepted?

Please visit this link for a full list of AP, CLEP, and IB courses we accept,

We will accept your AP, CLEP, and IB credits as long as you meet the minimum grade requirement. These must be sent directly from

I have completed all or most of my general requirements at my current institution, when I transfer will I have to take more?

Courses taken at other institutions that are equivalent to our general education courses will count, unless your degree program requires specific general education courses to fulfill the degree.

What will happen to my financial aid when I transfer?

You will need to file a new FAFSA. While you are applying, please be sure to file a FAFSA naming FSC as your school.

Are scholarships available to transfer students?

Transfer students can qualify for scholarships. Our scholarships require you to have a FAFSA on file. Students interested in being considered for a scholarship can do so by submitting the scholarship survey found on the Accepted Student Portal. All scholarship recipients must remain in good academic standing with Farmingdale State College

How will I know what I need to complete my Farmingdale State College degree?

Your academic advisor will meet with you. They will show you how your transfer credits apply to your degree, and what you need to take.

When do I have to turn in my proof of immunization?

You will need to provide proof of immunization prior to registration *Due to current circumstances the immunization requirement is waived for now.

Still could use some help? Email us and we will get back to you shortly.