Long Island Inventors and Entrepreneurs Club
In 2018 the Nassau and Suffolk County inventors clubs joined to be a single entity – the Long Island Inventors and Entrepreneurs Club, brought to you by the Farmingdale Small Business Development Center, located on the campus of Farmingdale State College.
Monthly meetings are held to encourage and assist regional inventors to discover the resources available to them to help bring their product to market. The club is open and free to attend to all who have the curiosity of commercialization.
Each month speakers will discuss and share their expertise. Topics to be discussed:
- Intellectual Property Protections
- Design & Product Development
- Business Formation & Management
Meetings are facilitated by Brian Fried, expert inventor and guest speaker, and the Small Business Development Center. Networking at each meeting allows participants to connect with various experts to help launch their idea.
Long Island Inventors and Entrepreneurs Club 2020 Schedule for upcoming meetings:
***Please note-there will be no Inventors meeting till further notice***
- Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
- Thursday, February 27th, 2020
- Wednesday, March 18th, 2020-***Meeting Cancelled***
- Wednesday, April 15th, 202***Meeting Cancelled***
- Wednesday, May 13th, 2020***Meeting Cancelled***
- Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 - Showcase*
- Wednesday, July 8th, 2020
- Wednesday, August 12th, 2020
- Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
- Wednesday, October 14th, 2020
- Wednesday, November 18th , 2020 - Showcase*
*Showcase – inventors are invited to introduce and share their invention with club members, investors, media and others. Contact the Center for more information.
The club is free to join and participation is welcome. Please note The SBDC does not endorse any specific paid for service resource or product that is shared by any presenter. We urge each participant to conduct due-diligence before hiring any firm. The SBDC can help research firms as part of due-diligence process.