This microcredential was developed with Queens College (CUNY).
Earners complete a 2-day workshop to gain an overview of the New York State cannabis industry, production, health-related aspects of medical and recreational marijuana, marketing and management, the economics of the cannabis industry, and legal aspects of the industry. Participants obtain an understanding of the economic & employment opportunities available in the industry, the skills that they may need to enter and work in the industry, and the regulatory environment of the cannabis industry.
Microcredential topics include:
• An introduction to the U.S. cannabis industry
• The role that medical marijuana played in industry development
• The legal environment for the Cannabis industry in NYS
• Management and marketing of a cannabis business
• Economics of cannabis
• Cannabis plant science and production
• How to enter and advance in the cannabis industry
Admission Requirements for application:
- Completion of the registration form.
- Registration fees are collected upon registration.
Requirements to earn the microcredential:
To achieve the Introduction to the Cannabis Industry microcredential, participants must attend the two day workshop and fulfill all workshop requirements. Participants will receive a survey on each day.
Time to complete:
Cost to attend:
Price to be determined.