Campus Planning, Design & Construction
The Physical Plant is responsible for campus planning, design and construction. Our Design and Construction team include the Director of Physical Plant, Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Code Compliance Managers, Manager of Capital Programs & Construction, Project Coordinator, Assistant Project Coordinator, and a Capital Facilities Coordinator.
In accordance with our mission, Facilities & Services has developed this web page to continually update the Campus Community and Community at large of all projects and enhancements we are making to better Farmingdale State College. On this page you will find essential information about various projects currently happening throughout the Campus.
- Design and construction for all capital and locally funded projects.
- Coordination and integration of construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Oversight of projects to ensure conformance with bid documents and design drawings.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with building codes and FSC standards and directives.
- Provide information and technical support to other departments about current and future projects.
- Creates and maintains the College's capital plan.
- Oversees all aspects of the College's campus plan, including its development framework, infrastructure, landscaping , and road networks.
- Maintains the College's space inventory database; prepares required space reports and assists other strategic planning initiatives with space data.
Facilities Master Plan
Campus-Wide Project Initiation Policy:
The purpose of this policy is to ensure projects related to campus facilities such as; construction, rehabilitation, significant equipment orders, and other activities modifying campus property are in compliance with New York State construction codes, fire safety codes, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other construction-related regulations. This policy is also intended to ensure any projects are consistent with the campus' strategic plan, budget, and space/aesthetic goals.