Student Assistant & Federal College Work Study Payrolls
All requests for student positions must be submitted for review and approval prior to offering student employment via the request to hire form.
- Financial Aid will no longer be responsible for posting Campus Workstudy positions.
- All approved student positions should be posted through Nexus Center CareerConnect.
Student Assistant and Campus Workstudy Appointment Notices are to be submitted here.
- Submission of the appointment notice via etrieve provides the supervisor with ability to track the appointment notice through the approval process.
- Paper Appointment Notices are no longer accepted.
- Use the Student Appointment Notice (etrieve) for Campus Workstudy and Student Assistants.
Payroll will be collecting all student new hire documentation. Financial Aid will no longer be collecting payroll documentation from the students.
For questions regarding:
Payroll, please contact: email@example.com
Financial Aid, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Postings, please contact: Nexus Center, Nicholas Amador.
The Governor's office has provided us guidance regarding Student Workers. This guidance covers both College Work Study Students as well as Student Assistants. Please note, we have been asked to make every effort to find a telecommuting work assignment for these student workers.
Until further notice, we will be paying student workers according to the directions outlined below:
- Students with a fixed schedule should be paid for the normal hours they work in a pay period.
- Students with irregular schedules should be paid the average number of hours they worked during pay periods 24 and 25.
- In the event a student has an assignment which exceeds their normal or averaged schedule, they should be paid for the actual hours worked.
If possible, you should continue to use the automated Time and Attendance System (TAS). In the event that you do not have access to the TAS, Payroll will accept an email showing the hours worked for each pay period. This email must be cc'd to the approving supervisor in order for the student to be paid.
Please remember that time sheets must be submitted and approved according to the Student Payroll Calendar. Payroll will be monitoring the CWS awards to ensure student pay does not exceed the award.
|Forms||Hiring Packet||Time & Attendance|
Office hours are by appointment only.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.