April 27, 2006
Scholarships for Farmingdale Horticulture Students
Farmingdale State University of New York's ornamental horticulture students were honored on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 for their hard work and excellence in the field of horticulture at the Farmingdale Foundation and Alumni Association Student Scholarship Reception held on campus. Eight students received scholarships in the names of influential organizations and leaders in the billion dollar 'green' industry.
Over $76,000 worth of scholarship money was awarded to 48 students at the reception.
Over $15,000 was awarded to students in the field of ornamental horticulture, reflecting
the tremendous industry support for Farmingdale State's horticulture graduates.
The following students were recipients:
• Brian Barry, Hauppauge, The Home Depot Scholarship
• David Beleski, Massapequa, The Home Depot Scholarship and The Locust Valley Garden Club – Kathy Pufahl Scholarship
• John Bolan, Flushing, The Home Depot Scholarship
• Andrew Martone, Jr., Mineola, The Home Depot Scholarship
• Shari Romar, Forest Hills, The Home Depot Scholarship
• Stephanie Scaminaci, Franklin Square, Robert Weidler Scholarship
• Patricia Venturino, Huntington, The Home Depot Scholarship
The Farmingdale Foundation provides scholarships, faculty development grants, and support of programs and projects that are not funded by the State budget. The Foundation takes pride in its Scholarship Program which offers numerous awards to deserving scholars.