TO: ALL FLIGHT STUDENTS AND FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS
FROM: AVIATION CENTER MANAGEMENT
DATE: JULY 5, 2017
RE: PIPER WARRIOR III INFORMATION MANUAL REVISIONS
The list of revisions (REVISION 27) that have taken place in the Piper PA-28-161 Warrior III Pilot’s Information Manual or Pilot’s Operating Manual are listed below. In addition, the revised pages are included in this FIF.
NOTE: Only the AFFECTED pages are included in this FIF to supplement the current PIM/POH. Do not use these pages as a replacement.
- Page ii, Fourth Line – Updated copyright to include the year 2017.
- Page vi-e, Left Footer – Updated “REVISED: APRIL 11, 2016” to “REVISED: JUNE 9, 2017”.
- Page 4-10, CRUISING Checklist, First Line – Revised “Reference performance charts and Avco-Lycoming Operators Manual” to “REFERENCE PERFORMANCE CHARTS AND LYCOMING OPERATORS MANUAL”.
- Page 4-21, Fifth Paragraph – Revised to “TO LEAN FOR BEST ECONOMY CRUISE PERFORMANCE, PLACE THE MIXTURE CONTROL FULL FORWARD AND SET THE THROTTLE TO OBTAIN THE DESIRED POWER SETTING FOR THE CONDITIONS IN SECTION 5. GRADUALLY LEAN THE MIXTURE CONTROL UNTIL THE ENGINE OPERATION BECOMES ROUGH OR UNTIL ENGINE POWER RAPIDLY DIMINISHES AS NOTED BY AN UNDESIRABLE DECREASE IN AIRSPEED OR ENGINE RPM. WHEN EITHER CONDITION OCCURS, ENRICH THE MIXTURE SUFFICIENTLY TO OBTAIN A SMOOTH AND EVENLY FIRING ENGINE OR TO REGAIN MOST OF THE LOST AIRSPEED OR ENGINE RPM.”
- Page 9-88, Engine Instruments, Second Paragraph – Leaning procedure for Piper Warriors equipped with Avidyne FlightMax EX5000: Not Applicable to FSC Fleet Avionics.
- Page 9-136, Engine Instruments, Second Paragraph – Leaning procedure for Piper Warriors equipped with Avidyne FlightMax EX5000: Not Applicable to FSC Fleet Avionics.
- Page 9-165, Paragraph, Second Line – Revised “STC SA02015SE-D” to “STC SA02153LAD”.