Contacting the Helpdesk
The Information Technology Helpdesk assists campus users with computer related issues.
To place a Helpdesk request, call or email the Helpdesk.
Phone: (631) 420-2754
How to change you password:
To protect your infromation, passwords should be changed regularly and a strong password should be used.
Staff, faculty and students have the same password requirements:
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Old passwords cannot be reused
- Passwords will expire every 120 days
Staff / Faculty
To change your password when you're logged into the domain on your office PC:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then click "Change a password..."
2. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password
again to confirm it and then press Enter.
If you're logged into Outlook Web App (OWA):
1. Click "Options" which is located in the top right hand corner of the OWA window.
2. Click "Change Password".
3. Type your old password, type your new password, confirm your new password and then click Save.
To change your password, click on the "Student Password Reset" link on the Gmail login page (gmail.farmingdale.edu). Follow the instructions carefully.