Chromebook/Laptop Loan Program
The Campus has a plan to distribute and loan Chromebooks or Laptops as a resource for those students is need. Please read through the following terms and click the "Loan Agreement" button at the bottom to complete the form and gather information. Once we determine what will best suit your needs, we will contact you with the status of the request.
- The Chromebook/Laptop will be loaned to the student for the Summer/Fall Semester 2020.
- The Chromebook/Laptop must be returned at the conclusion of the semester (process to be communicated at a later date)
- Chromebooks & Laptops are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students must complete the online agreement request form to obtain a device
- Chromebooks/Laptops will be tracked by the University and will be registered to a student by their RAMID
- Chromebooks/Laptops that are not returned in accordance with this agreement will be subject to a fine of $325 for Chromebooks and $850 for Laptops.
- The Chromebooks/Laptops are brand new, and any damage (as determined by FSC) from misuse will result in a bill for the replacement of the device in the amount of $325 for Chromebooks and $850 for Laptops.
- If the Student leaves the College or is no longer registered at the College for any reason before the end of the semester, the Chromebook/Laptop and accessories must be returned to the College immediately.
- The Chromebook/Laptop is the property of the college, is subject to inspection at any time and should be used solely for FSC Educational purposes
- Failure to abide by these terms may result in future ineligibility for this service
- Software cannot be copied to or from the Chromebook/Laptop which is not authorized by the College, and any deliberate attempts to make modifications to the device including software, hardware and system settings are prohibited.
- Use of the Chromebook/Laptop should abide by FSC IT Policy which is available at https://www.farmingdale.edu/information-technology/policies.shtml
- Use of the Chromebook/Laptop should abide by the Student Code of Conduct/Student Handbook https://www.farmingdale.edu/dean/policies.shtml
- Do not alter, remove or otherwise cover the serial number and asset tag.
- Students shall not loan out the Chromebook/Laptop to any other person, including family members.
- Students shall not use the internet to access personal (non-College related) accounts, including social media sites.
- Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook/Laptop and accessories.
- All damage, loss or theft of the Chromebook/Laptop and it's accessories shall be the responsibility of the Student.
- All damage, loss or theft of Chromebook/Laptop and accessories must be reported to the College within 1 business day.
- Do not attempt to remove or change the physical structure of the device, such as the keys or casing.
Data Storage & Privacy
- All files should be saved to a university approved network drive.
- The Chromebook can only be used for website accessible sites and systems. Software can-not be installed on it, and access to the Google Play store will be restricted.
- There shall be no expectation of privacy of materials found on the Chromebook/Laptop.
Acknowledgement of this policy indicates that you have received and agree to the lending conditions for the 2020 Summer/Fall semester.