As you may be aware, SUNY has established a Telecommuting Policy. The policy, accompanying application and required paperwork are available below. Please note the final policy was more restrictive than we anticipated. Once the semester is underway, we will explore ways in which the new policy can be utilized as a more flexible option for both the College and employees.
There are a number of key takeaways that should be noted.
- The program begins on September 7th and extends through December 31st.
- Telecommuting cannot be more than 50% of an employee’s normal schedule. For example, for a full time employee, remote work is permissible for no more than five work days in any pay period.
- This program is not widely applicable for Faculty who are expected to teach in person.
- Applications are submitted to the Department Head and approved or disapproved by the area Vice President.
- All approved applications will be forwarded to Human Resources and tracked in the SUNY HR system.
- A Biweekly Report must be submitted by the employee to their Department Head for review. Copies of these documents will be forwarded to Human Resources.
- Applications and work product log are subject to audit by System Administration.
- This program is not intended for positions that are primarily forward facing to the students or general public.
As noted above, we will explore telecommuting options that may serve both our employees and the College.