Resident Student Information - The Hub
Dear Resident Student:
Due to an urgent request from New York State to utilize our facilities during the current public health emergency, those residential students who are currently not residing on campus are being given the opportunity to collect their possessions on Friday, March 27, Saturday, March 28, and Sunday, March 29 only.
There will be no other opportunity to collect possessions until after the conclusion of the current public health crisis. Please be aware that the use of our facilities by the State of New York may necessitate boxing and storing of items not removed during this three-day period. Students with unclaimed possessions will be notified at a future date when their belongings may be available for collection.
Students who may be ill or believe that they have been exposed to the coronavirus must remain off campus.
Please note that to protect health and safety, the Residence Life staff will not be available to assist in the collection of belongings, and bins will not be available. Roommates should coordinate their arrivals to promote the practice of social distancing.
There will be no access to the residence halls before 9:00 AM each day. To ensure a safe move-out process, students MUST strictly follow the schedule and instructions below:
- Please remember to bring your keys!
- Students are to move out utilizing the Express Check-Out Process. Students are permitted to bring ONE person to help them move.
- Express Check-Out Envelopes for keys and Lock Boxes will be available in the lobby of each residence hall.
- All exterior doors will be open for social distancing and convenience, please use the door closest to your room.
- After packing, keys should be placed in the express check-out envelopes and sealed.
- Tear the key receipt portion off the envelope and take it with you.
- Place the key envelope in the lock box.
- Without exception, students collecting their possessions should follow the schedule below:
- 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM Alumni 1st floor Odd and Dewey 1st floor Odd
- 11:30AM to 2:00 PM Alumni 1st floor Even and Dewey 1st floor Even
- 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM Alumni 2nd floor Odd and Dewey 2nd floor Odd
- 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM Alumni 2nd floor Even and Dewey 2nd floor Even
- 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM Orchard 3rd Floor Wing A-H Odd and Dewey 3rd floor Odd
- 9:30 PM to Midnight Orchard 3rd Floor Wing A-H Even & Dewey 3rd floor Even
- 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM Orchard 3rd Floor Wing J-W Odd & Dewey 4th floor Odd
- Noon to 2:30 PM Orchard 3rd Floor Wing J-W Even & Dewey 4th floor Even
- 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM Orchard 1st Floor Wing J-W Odd & Orchard 4th floor J-W Odd
- 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM Orchard 1st Floor Wing J-W Even & Orchard 4th floor J-W Even
- 9:00 PM to 11:30 PM Orchard 1st Floor Wing A-H Odd & Orchard 4th floor A-H Odd
- 9:00am to 11:30 AM Orchard 1st Floor Wing A-H Even & Orchard 4th floor A-H Even
- Noon to 2:30 PM Orchard 2nd Floor Wing A-H Odd
- 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM Orchard 2nd floor J-W Odd
- 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM Orchard 2nd floor A-H Even
- 9:00 PM to 11:30 PM Orchard 2nd floor J-W Even
We regret any inconvenience during this very challenging time and extend our best wishes for the remainder of the Spring semester.
Dear Resident Student
For the remainder of the semester, only students who are currently occupying their rooms will be permitted in the residence halls. Students who have not received prior approval are not permitted to return to the residence halls until further notice. Access to the residence halls is now strictly regulated by University Police and campus officials.
We regret this action, but we are taking this and other steps to support social distancing and to assure the safety of the campus community. Students will receive further guidance regarding the safe removal of their possessions as soon as possible after the public health emergency subsides. You will be contacted by Residence Life when collection of your possessions is permitted.
Farmingdale State College is taking this action due to the growing spread of COVID-19 and the increasing risks of exposure. We are exercising this option to protect our students, faculty and staff in light of the current emergency.
We ask for your understanding during this difficult time and appreciate your cooperation. The College will continue to make every effort to communicate regularly with our campus community during this public health crisis.
For the remainder of the semester, only students who are currently occupying their rooms will be permitted in the residence halls. All other students who have not received prior approval will not be permitted to return to the residence halls when classes resume on Monday, March 30. Access to the residence halls is now strictly regulated by University Police and campus officials.
Farmingdale State College is taking this action due to the growing spread of COVID-19 and the increasing risks of exposure. We are exercising this option to protect our students, faculty and staff in light of the current public health emergency.
We regret this action, but we are taking this and other steps to support social distancing and to assure the safety of the campus community. Students will receive further guidance regarding the safe removal of their possessions as soon as possible after the public health emergency subsides.
We ask for your understanding during this difficult time and appreciate your cooperation. The College will continue to make every effort to communicate regularly with our campus community during this public health emergency.
Given the spreading coronavirus emergency, FSC has elected to close the operation of its residence halls for all but a limited group of students. The College will accommodate only international and out of state students as well as a small group of students who lack a safe setting to which they can return. We require all other students who are currently in the residence halls to vacate by noon on Saturday, March 21, 2020.
Those few students who must remain in the halls should be aware that the College will make and enforce room assignments on the basis of sound public health and social distancing practices. Campus services have been curtailed and student access to campus may be strictly controlled.
The College will secure the possessions of those students who will no longer be in the residence halls and return them pending the end of the coronavirus threat. If a student must reclaim their possessions more quickly they should make appointments to do so through the Residence Life office.
We deeply regret this decision. However, at this point each decision made by the College is taken with the upmost attention to your health and the health of the public. We very much look forward to seeing you on campus when the virus abates.
Farmingdale State College cares deeply about the health, safety, and well-being of our campus community. We strongly encourage all resident students to make alternative arrangements for housing for the rest of the semester.
Those residential students who have already left the resident halls are encouraged to remain off campus for the balance of the semester, or until further notice. Residence halls will remain open only for those who do not have any alternate accommodations.
Students who must remain on campus for the Spring 2020 semester must submit written notification via their FSC email address to the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Thursday, March 19 with a brief explanation of their circumstances.
Arrangements will soon be made for students to collect any possessions that are left in their dorm rooms. Please do not return to the residence halls to collect your possessions until you receive official notification from the College as you will not be permitted entry.
For students who will return in the fall, we intend to credit unused room and board fees for students who have returned home for the remainder of the semester. For students graduating in Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 refunds will be credited to their student accounts. More information regarding refunds and credits will follow this week.
Students who must return to the residence halls for the duration of the semester will not have access to their rooms until Sunday, March 29 at noon. There will be no access to the residence halls allowed before this time. These students should be aware that campus activities and services will be significantly curtailed. Limiting our residential population will allow for greater social distancing. Please be aware that your current room assignments may be altered to encourage distancing for your safety. Those who can make other arrangements for housing are asked to do so.
We will provide additional information for residential students as it becomes available. Specific updates will be posted to this page frequently. We encourage every resident student to continue to check for updates.
Resident students are strongly encouraged to leave for home until classes resume on Monday, March 23. Students who leave should take with them personal items such as laptops, study materials, medications and other important possessions. For any questions, please call the Residence Life office.
While the incidence of coronavirus remains low, we continue to take all necessary precautions to keep the campus safe. A reminder that there are steps that everyone can take to help prevent the spread of this and other viruses.
- It is currently flu and respiratory disease season, and it is recommended to get a flu vaccine if not medically contraindicated and you have not already done so
- Washing your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-l based hand sanitizer where soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth prior to washing your hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Clean or disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
You can continue to follow updates via the College web site at www.farmingdale.edu and the web pages of the NYSDOH, and CDC here: