Information for Staff
Coronavirus Update: Town Hall Recorded
The Town Hall session which was held on Thursday, March 26, 2020 has been recorded and is available on ARIES for Faculty and Staff to view.
Non-essential personnel should continue to work remotely until further notice. As you may know, New York State and SUNY have implemented a telecommuting pilot policy. Essential employees who are designated to work on site should report to campus. If you have questions on whether you are designated an essential employee, please contact your supervisor.
Farmingdale State College currently has access to many services that can assist you in working from home. This website is a starting point for information and resources available to staff members.
Technology & Access
- Easy Access through myFSC
- The myFSC Dashboard is located in the top right-hand side of the Farmingdale State College website. This dashboard is curated for Students, Faculty and Staff and has the latest information about what is going on around campus. It also provides direct access to many important resources, including Banner, SUNY Time and Attendance, email, Blackboard, Degree Works, CRM Advise, etc. These resources are located on the left navigation menu, once you are signed into myFSC.
- FSC Technology Guide
- Provides a brief overview of the tools available for your use. This instructional guide includes information about:
- Campus Phones
- You can access the campus phone system remotely via -the virtual desktop. This will give you the same functionality you have on campus via your computer. Download instructions on how to use the Mitel Connect Softphone system.
- SUNY Portal
- Within the SUNY portal, you can access time and attendance information, the SUNY financial system, and many other resources.
- A Note About Cybercrimes
- During times of crisis cyber criminals will attempt to exploit you. The coronavirus is no exception. There are emails circulating about COVID-19 information luring you click on a fraudulent links or give up sensitive information. Stay vigilante and be cautious. If you are unsure send the email to the helpdesk, so we can check its validity.
- Still Need Help?
- For any other questions about college supported email and software services, email email@example.com or call 934-420-2754
Campus Documents & Records
Employees must comply with all NYS, SUNY and Farmingdale State College laws and rules required at the official worksite when telecommuting. This includes the management of any campus records necessary to complete tasks off-site. For more information, visit the Retention & Disposition of Records Website.
- Paper Paychecks
- The Office of the State Comptroller will now be mailing paychecks directly to employees. If you have an address change, it should be e-mailed to HR@farmingdale.edu
- Hourly Employees
- For information about hourly employees, please visit the Payroll website.
- Student Work Study & Student Assistant Information
- For information on student assistant and college work study payroll, visit the Payroll website.
- All campus events scheduled through April 30, 2020 are canceled or postponed.
Mail & Supply
- The campus will have limited mail service available throughout this period. Mail and Supply will not be delivering mail to offices. Visit the Mail & Supply website for more information about campus mail services.