Information for Faculty
Coronavirus Update: Town Hall Recorded
The Town Hall session which was held on Thursday, March 26, 2020 has been recorded and is available on ARIES for Faculty and Staff to view.
Farmingdale State College currently has access to many services that can assist you in working from home and transitioning your courses to a distance-learning format. This website is a starting point for information and resources available to faculty members to assist with the process.
Technology & Access
- Easy Access through myFSC
- The myFSC Dashboard is located in the top right-hand side of the Farmingdale State College website. This dashboard is curated for Students, Faculty and Staff and has the latest information about what is going on around campus. It also provides direct access to many important resources, including Banner, SUNY Time and Attendance, email, Blackboard, Degree Works, Axiom Mentor, CRM Advise, etc. These resources are located on the left navigation menu, once you are signed into myFSC.
- FSC Technology Guide
- Provides a brief overview of the tools available for your use. This instructional guide includes information about:
- Campus Phones
- You can access the campus phone system remotely via -the virtual desktop. This will give you the same functionality you have on campus via your computer. Download instructions on how to use the Mitel Connect Softphone system.
- SUNY Portal
- Within the SUNY portal, you can access time and attendance information, the SUNY financial system, and many other resources.
- A Note About Cybercrimes
- During times of crisis cyber criminals will attempt to exploit you. The coronavirus is no exception. There are emails circulating about COVID-19 information luring you click on a fraudulent links or give up sensitive information. Stay vigilante and be cautious. If you are unsure send the email to the helpdesk, so we can check its validity.
- Still Need Help?
- For any other questions about college supported email and software services, email email@example.com or call 934-420-2754
- Keep Teaching Page
- Our Keep Teaching page provides a step-by-step instruction on how to use blackboard to deliver your course content
- Logging Into Blackboard
- This Video: "Logging into Blackboard" is a tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to log into Farmingdale State College's Blackboard LMS
- Drop-in Instructional Design Support Sessions
- These live, drop-in virtual Zoom sessions have been created to assist with remote course preparation. Sessions will be staffed with instructional designers and online learning professionals to assist with your questions. Learn more on the Distance Learning Page.
- Online Tools
- Tomorrow's Professor's E-Newsletter (Sponsored by the Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning) Toolkit for Online Instructors: https://tomprof.stanford.edu/posting/1778-1
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start: https://www.chronicle.com/article/Going-Online-in-a-Hurry-What/248207/%23.XmegiS2Np5M.twitter
- LinkedIn Learning provides faculty and students free online learning resources: https://www.farmingdale.edu/linkedin-learning/
- UNESCO Distance learning solutions to mitigate COVID-19: https://en.unesco.org/themes/education-emergencies/coronavirus-school-closures/solutions
- SUNY’s COVID-19 Response Website: For up-to-date resources and information on SUNY's COVID-19 response, visit our website: https://innovate.suny.edu/community/covid19/
Advisement & Faculty Reporting
- Degreeworks is a source for information related to a student's academic record and progress. Degreeworks can be accessed remotely for student advisement sessions.
- CRM Advise
- CRM Advise contains Banner information, Degreeworks audits, and notes for individual students. CRM Advise is the central repository all for student advisement records. If you have questions, reach out to the AAIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Axiom Mentor
- Axiom Mentor can be used for faculty reporting, initiating your course evaluations (student feedback surveys), and applications.
Student Support Services
Please be mindful that student services during this COVID-19 environment will be, in some instances, noticeably different in availability and scope. Visit each of the departments website to see how they are responding and assisting our students.
- Campus Mental Health Services
- Campus Recreation
- Dean of Students
- Disability Services
- Health and Wellness Center
- Nexus Center for Applied Learning and Career Development
- Tutoring Center
- Veteran’s Services
FERPA & Virtual Learning Related Resources
Campus Documents & Records
Employees must comply with all NYS, SUNY and Farmingdale State College laws and rules required at the official worksite when telecommuting. This includes the management of any campus records necessary to complete tasks off-site. For more information, visit the Retention & Disposition of Records Website.
- Paper Paychecks
- The Office of the State Comptroller will now be mailing paychecks directly to employees. If you have an address change, it should be e-mailed to HR@farmingdale.edu
- Hourly Employees
- For information about hourly employees, please visit the Payroll website.
- Student Work Study & Student Assistant Information
- For information on student assistant and college work study payroll, visit the Payroll website.
- All campus events scheduled through April 30, 2020 are canceled or postponed.
Mail & Supply
- The campus will have limited mail service available throughout this period. Mail and Supply will not be delivering mail to offices. Visit the Mail & Supply website for more information about campus mail services.