Nursing Department Mission and Goals
The FSC ND's mission is to advance nursing education in a student-centered learning environment to empower graduates to be exemplary citizens, scholars, professionals, and leaders in an increasingly diverse and interdependent world. The mission is accomplished through an undergraduate program that reflects the needs and trends of the region and society. Faculty who are committed to providing high quality education and who promote culturally competent clinical nursing practice, scholarly activity, and community service implement the nursing program.
- Contribute to meeting current and future health care needs of diverse populations of the region by educating students to provide safe, evidence-based, and patient-centered professional nursing services that reflect ethical clinical judgment and interprofessional collaboration in varied settings.
- Provide a quality program in nursing education including, activities, and service programs that are supportive of the learning needs of diverse students so that they may accomplish their educational goals and encourage lifelong learning.
- Use health care technologies, information systems, and technological innovations to create stimulating environments that support and enrich learning and prepare graduates for changes in the health care environment.
- Provide an environment that supports academic and teaching excellence, scholarly activities, and opportunities for leadership and contributions to the nursing profession.
- Educate students to become self-aware, ethical, caring, collaborative, and clinically and culturally competent practitioners prepared to engage in nursing as caregivers and leaders.