Faculty Resource Network
National Symposium 2019
The Faculty Resource Network 2019 National Symposium focusing on the theme "Critical Conversations and the Academy" will be held on Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23, 2019 in Miami, Florida.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please see the Faculty Resource Network website. The proposal submission deadline is Monday, April 22, 2019.
Need more information? Visit the Faculty Resource Network page at www.nyu.edu/frn for more information about our faculty development programs. Participation in Faculty Resource Network programming is free to Farmingdale State College full-time faculty.
The Faculty Resource Network (FRN) at New York University is an award-winning professional development initiative that sponsors programs for faculty members from a consortium of over 50 colleges and universities.
Farmingdale State College is a member of the FRN consortium which offers many fine opportunities for faculty growth, networking, scholarly activity, and publication. Some of the innovative programs provided by the FRN include:
- The FRN Summer Seminar series provides an opportunity for faculty to participate in a week long seminar on the NYU campus designed to further intellectual growth, sharpen skills, and provide networking opportunities with other scholars in their field. In 2019 it will be held at New York University's Washington Square campus from June 10 - 14, 2019.
- The FRN “Scholar in Residence” program allows faculty members to spend the summer, or who have obtained a sabbatical from their home institution, to spend a semester in residence at New York University and pair-up with a faculty mentor of their choice to complete a research project or other scholarly activity.
- The FRN January Research and Faculty Growth Seminar is held in a different location every year, in 2019 it will be held at the University of the Sacred Heart (Universidad del Sagrado Corazón) in San Juan, Puerto Rico from January 14 - 18, 2019..
- The FRN “Faculty Associate” program allows member faculty to access to the massive resources and data bases of the Bobst library for a semester. This is an excellent resource for beginning, pursuing or completing research projects and other scholarly activity. The Faculty Associate program also allows faculty to audit any class offered by NYU faculty during the academic year as well.
- The FRN Annual Symposium, (in 2019 to be held in Miami Florida in November), provides a great opportunity for faculty to share the results of their research or pedagogical activities in a professional scholarly environment.
Above all, the Faculty Resource Network provides an excellent opportunity to network with other scholars in many disciplines, participate in stimulating faculty growth programs, and develop scholarly activity and publications. For more information, contact Dr. Jeff Gaab (email@example.com -- 631-420-2206) or visit the FRN website for the latest information at www.nyu.edu/frn