Center for Teaching, Learning & Technology
The Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) is the umbrella organization that publicizes, coordinates, and supports faculty development activities at Farmingdale State College. The CTLT advances the College’s Mission and its commitment to excellence in teaching and learning by providing interactive faculty development opportunities; supporting technologies that enhance the teaching and learning process; encouraging innovation in pedagogy; and promoting programs and services that assist with course development, instructional delivery, assessment, and scholarship.
- Develop, present and/or publicize seminar, workshop and conference opportunities.
- Mentor new faculty by providing programs that improve their teaching and support their advancement.
- Provide a forum for conversation on issues related to teaching.
- Recognize and reward outstanding scholarship, the mentoring of students, and innovative pedagogy.
- Establish alliances with premiere educational organizations that offer faculty development opportunities.
Open Educational Resources (OERs) Workshops 2018
- An Introduction to Open Educational Resources - Thursday, March 8, 2018, 11:00am-12:00pm, Greenley 105
- Finding and Using Open Textbooks - Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 11:00am-12:00pm, Greenley 105
New Faculty Workshops
- One of the most important faculty development activities CTLT offers is a series of
workshops for new faculty; these workshops take place once a month on a Friday afternoon
throughout the first academic year. At these workshops the Deans and representatives
from the Provost office inform faculty about vital policies and procedures that all
faculty need to know, guide them in developing as a successful faculty members, and
help them to prepare for reappointment, tenure and promotion. CTLT also introduces faculty
to people and services that can be important resources for them and their students;
and, finally, CTLT provides a forum in which new faculty can discuss their teaching
and experiences at the College.
CTLT Fall Workshops 2016
- Lynda.com Introduction: Thursday, September 15th 11AM - 12PM, CTLT, 2nd Floor, Greenley Library
- Applied Learning - The Challenge of Experiential Learning: Friday, September 23, 9:30AM - 12PM, CTLT, 2nd Floor, Greenley Library
- Using Open Educational Resources (OERs): Friday, October 28, 9:30AM - 12PM, Greenley 105, Information Literacy Lab
- Brown Bag Lunches - Grants: October 13, 11AM - 12:15PM, CTLT, 2nd Floor, Greenley Library
- Brown Bag Lunches - Teaching with Rubrics: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: November 10, 11AM - 12:15PM, CTLT, 2nd Floor, Greenley Library
CTLT Annual Conference 2015
- CTLT 5th Annual Conference The 5th CTLT Conference was held on Friday April 17, 2015.
CTLT Annual Conference 2014
- CTLT 4th Annual Conference The 4th CTLT Conference was held on Friday April 25, 2014.
- The Booklet of Title III Achievments
CTLT Annual Conference 2013
- CTLT 3rd Annual Conference The 3rd CTLT Conference was held on Friday April 26, 2013. In addition to keynote speakers and programs, the conference saw FSC faculty and staff sharing details on their teaching, co-curricular and assessment projects funded by Students First Grants.
CTLT Annual Conference 2012
- CTLT 2nd Annual Conference The 2nd CTLT Conference on "Becoming a Learner-Centered Institution: Achieving the Goal: Improving Student Success - Current Research in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning" (also part of Title III) was held on Friday April 27, 2012. In addition to keynote speakers and programs, the conference saw FSC faculty and staff sharing details on their teaching, co-curricular and assessment projects funded by Students First Grants.
CTLT Fall Workshop 2011
- CTLT Fall Workshop The CTLT Fall Workshop on "Becoming a Learner-Centered Institution: Learnng Communitites: Rationale, Pedagogy, Design" (also part of Title III) was held on Friday, October 21, 2011. In this day-long presentation and and workshop faculty wer introduced to the history and design of learning communities. Following the keynote presentation, faculty worked in groups to design a specific integrated activity that draws on materials from two or more courses.
CTLT Annual Conference 2011
- CTLT 1st Annual Conference The 1st CTLT Conference on "Creating a Learner-Centered Institution: Six Pedagogies to Improve Teaching & Learning" (also part of Title III) was held on Friday April 29, 2011. It featured the types of engaged pedagogies funded by the Students First Grants competition.